Emily Forbes, founder of Seenit, first discovered the potential of collaborative storytelling whilst making a documentary film at a protest. She noticed during a protest how everyone was already capturing their own personal perspectives on their phones. This raw authenticity inspired Emily to incorporate the wider views into her film.
At first having to manually collect clips from willing protesters, Emily realised that it would be far more efficient if people could upload their videos instantly to a central online platform for her to view and edit. With that, the early idea of Seenit was born.
At Seenit we enable organisations to easily direct, collect and create video with their own communities of customers, fans and employees, bringing those most passionate and knowledgeable right into the content creation. This means companies can now create in a truly scalable, cost effective and authentic way, driving higher impact and engagement on their videos across social and even broadcast.
We were placed in Wired’s Top 100 startups in Europe list and have just been selected by Vodafone as one of the top 20 companies to transform enterprise business.
Today Seenit is a team of 30 based in London and is working with customers such as The BBC, BT Sport, Benefit, Accenture, HSBC and Unilever. They’re also starting to also win new customers in New York and across Europe.
At Seenit, our mission is to create a more human and real world by enabling anyone to tell their story.
As VP of Product Design, you will own, drive, and manage the product and design vision for our SaaS Online platforms, services, and experiences.
You will also be responsible for leading, mentoring, and developing our team of product designers.
This role is integral to the success of our product lines to deliver customer facing products that engage, delight, and resonate with people around the world.
You will thrive in a user focused, customer obsessed environment using data and research to deliver experiences people love.
At Seenit, we’re looking for leaders, innovators, and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and making every user’s experience delightful and engaging.
What you’ll do
Vision and strategy
- Reporting to the CEO, you will work closely with both CEO and COO to make sure the brand and product are aligned with Sales and Marketing
- Partner with our leadership team to create a cohesive experience across our product and our brand identity
- Present concepts, strategies, goals and roadmaps effectively to Leadership team
- Lead and manage our original and new product lines through prioritized roadmaps
- Communicate our product strategy to investors and think about the impact that a new round of funding will have on scaling our product and moving it to new markets
- Set team and product strategy and direction including critical metrics and OKRs
- Manage budgets to align with the objectives of the company’s short, medium and long term goals
- Translate customer, product, business and marketing inputs into best-in class products
- Work across teams to coordinate, prioritize, and communicate Seenit’s product roadmap
- Be an advocate for your team and the work internally and externally
- Lead, mentor, and support product managers, product designers, and brand designers across the company.
- Ability to provide clear direction to team and the rest of the business
- Define team goals aligned with the business strategy
- Develop the competency and behavioral frameworks needed for product managers and designers to excel and advance in their career
- Facilitate Customer and User Centered Design Thinking Practices throughout all teams
- Lead and define testing criteria for usability studies, A/B and MV Testing of products/platforms
- Provide hands-on Product Design; establish design direction/concepts and delegations
- Demonstrate and manage the highest design standards with a customer centered focus
- Develop and maintain all Design Language libraries, UX personas, design mockups, usage scenarios, user flows, prototypes, navigational maps, and experience documentation
Who you are
- You have deep experience leading, managing, and mentoring a team of product managers, product designers, and brand designers
- You have extensive, demonstrated experience creating a unified identity across a company’s product and brand
- You have demonstrated experience prioritizing and aligning a product’s roadmap to both outcomes and organisational mission
- You have demonstrated experience integrating design-thinking methodology with product development and design
- You are hands on team player / coach that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Engineering, Data, Marketing, Business, Customer Success and Sales
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines
- You have a proven track record with a variety of successful products delivered across multiple platforms and screens
- You have excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including top stakeholders such as the BOD
- You can handle and embrace change effectively and with integrity
- You have a positive and motivated attitude; can rally a team through highs and lows
Nice to have
- Demonstrate proven experience with successful subscription services
- Experience as Product Design Leader or Product Leader within a consumer facing organization, or direct to consumer subscription service
- 5+ years’ experience designing multi-platform, subscription and product experiences
- Expertise in Sketch, InVision Tools, Adobe Suite and rapid prototyping are important
- Knowledge of emerging trends for digital products and cross-platform customer integrations
- Experience managing a team of product managers and product designers across internal and external teams – both direct and dotted line reports
- Hands on experience with a variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews
- Experience in Interaction Design, UX Architecture, and/or Product Design required
If you are excited about the challenge and feel you have enough experience to be successful then this is for you.
You’ll be joining a team of passionate people looking for incredible people to join us on the adventure.
- Get it done
- Make a difference
- A proactive thinker
- A positive can-do attitude
- Help drive team collaboration
- Work with respect and empathy
- Inspire creative confidence in the team
- We have a fantastic work environment that enthusiastically encourages creativity, risk-taking, growth and autonomy
- Huge scope to the role – freedom to take full ownership and make your mark
- Quarterly leadership offsites and away days
- Quarterly company away days
- Monthly team socials and activities organised on rotation by different teams
- 26 annual holiday entitlement with additional holidays per year of service
- Open to flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Half day off on your birthday
- Maternity and Paternity cover