TechCrunch Disrupt winners seek a talented, resourceful and ambitious senior engineering leader for our development team, to manage our platform and mobile development teams, reporting into the CTO.
Using Python and Couchbase as a backend, HTML5 with React and Redux for the front-end, all running on Google’s Cloud Platform with native iOS and Android apps, London’s Hottest Startup, Seenit, are helping brands like the BBC, HSBC, Unilever and The Body Shop tell their stories through collaborative film with our multiple-award winning mobile video platform – we’ve won quite a few of those in the past year, including Startup of the Year at the BIMA awards, and we’re even winning awards for our clients, including Innovation in Mobile at the Melcrum Awards.
- Line management of engineers – at least 2 years
- Agile/Scrum team management experience – at least 2 years
- Experience of working with senior product owners and design teams
- Experience of recruitment and onboarding of engineers into a team
- Ideally exposure to iOS and Android development best practices
- Ideally some exposure to NoSQL/Document-oriented databases
- Cloud deployment experience (Google Cloud Platform, ideally)
- Software automation experience (CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
- Security compliance experience (OWASP and pen testing)
- Experience of scaling technology for high growth businesses
- Experience of working with and managing offshore/nearshore development teams
How you work:
You’re data driven, and are able to track and monitor agile delivery and step in when the metrics don’t look right. You’re able to drive a team to predictable results through measurement of velocity and efficiency. You can link development initiatives to business success and long-term company goals.
You’re used to working very closely with the product team, and can engage with them on problem solving, software development lifecycle, and driving efficiencies. Jointly, you are accountable for the success of the agile delivery process with the CPO, driving improvements in process where needed.
You’re able to run regular 1:1s with the team, monitor and review their career and progress, identify areas for celebration and improvement, and provide regular updates to the CTO.
You have experience in CI/CD processes, and can engage work closely with Cloud Infrastructure Engineers to ensure that release processes are efficient, automated, and scalable.
You’re able to manage and run the hiring process for new engineers, and can engage with recruitment agents and platforms to ensure we can hire new team members in a timely manner.
You will ensure appropriate resource is available to work on important tech-specific initiatives such as technical debt reduction, platform scaling and security.
What we imagine you’ll look like:
- Team player: you get on with people and enjoy working as part of a team. You understand that the team wins together. You know how to voice your frustrations in a constructive way and can understand others’ points of view.
- Smart and resourceful: you think about our challenges and come up with solutions. You can break a problem down into separate parts. Even if you don’t know the solution you are happy to get involved with your team.
- Curious and ambitious: you love to learn new things and to advance your experience. You are excited to be part of a company that will change massively over the next two years and happy to take on that personal challenge.
- Loyal: you understand what it means to make a commitment to the company, to the team and to our clients. You like to see through projects to the end, even if they are tough.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.
Founded in January 2014, Seenit is an award-winning video collaboration platform that enables companies to produce high impact video at scale by engaging their own communities of employees, customers and fans around the world. Everyone today has a camera on their phone and people are turning to video as their default means of communication. Seenit enables companies to capitalise on this shift in behaviour by creating authentic and reactive content with their communities. We’ve worked with over 100 brand across the broadcast, retail and corporate markets including the BBC, BT Sport, Vevo, Clinique, Benefit, Accenture, Rolls Royce and HSBC. In December 2016, Seenit won the coveted TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield trophy: