Technical Support Engineer
What is Seenit?
Seenit is a video technology platform that changes the way that people produce engaging video content. We are on a mission to enable organisations to tap into their communities and to tell the stories that matter the most. With our mobile app and super slick online production suite, you can direct and manage your community, curate the content they produce, and edit all your videos all in one place! We’ve worked with over 100 brands across the broadcast, retail and corporate markets including the BBC, BT Sport, Benefit, Accenture, Unilever and HSBC.
We believe in telling original and exciting stories through the power of video and aim to empower, inspire and challenge our customers to enable them with the creative confidence to become video storytellers themselves.
As we grow and establish ourselves as thought leaders in this space, a robust product and technical support function is required for us to take the next leap into success.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide 1st and 2nd line support to our external customers and internal customer facing teams.
This role will sit within the Product and Engineering team providing support to our customers first and foremost but also supporting the development of our products by providing crucial customer insight regarding some of the technical issues our customers may be facing when using our products.
As a small company, we are looking for someone who can come in and really own this process and make our customers feel that they are in safe hands! This is a junior position with scope to move further into both Product and Engineering functions within the business as the candidate’s experience and interest in these areas expands.
- Champion our issue reporting process from first contact to resolution
- Own and manage our support tracking tools
- Create tickets/user stories containing detailed information captured through thorough investigation of the customer’s situation, needs and requirements
- Provide regular updates and reports on how we are handling customer issues
- Work with our Product team to resolve and prioritise bugs and new features
- Support the Engineering team to work on solutions and ensure new features and fixes are tested and meet customer requirements
Your skills and experience
- Experience in a technical customer support or customer-facing role
- Experience with troubleshooting and accurately documenting customer feedback
- Familiar with web/mobile applications
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with Zendesk, Spiceworks, Intercom and JIRA or other similar issue tracking platforms would be beneficial
- Experience with Linux/databases/programming an advantage
What you might look like
- Comfortable working autonomously and taking initiative
- Willing to test, to measure and to learn and iterate
- Methodical in your approach to problem solving
- Interested in software development
- Able to keep calm under pressure even when dealing with “big name” clients and customers
- Have a passion for video content and an understanding of the video landscape
- Enjoy helping customers achieve success and get things done
- Potentially looking to grow further into Engineering disciplines (think Product Owner/Manager or System Administrator)
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Team drinks and fun social outings
- A fantastic non hierarchical working environment where everyone can pitch in
- To be part of an incredibly exciting high-growth startup with an inspirational founder and team