Seenit is growing! On the back of winning TechCrunch Disrupt Europe, we’re growing our product development team and are looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to join us.
Using Python and Couchbase as a backend, HTML5 with React and Redux for the front-end, all running on Google’s Cloud Platform, London’s Hottest Startup, Seenit, are helping brands like the BBC, HSBC, Unilever and The Body Shop tell their stories through collaborative film with our multiple-award winning mobile video platform – we’ve won quite a few of those in the past year, including Startup of the Year at the BIMA awards, and we’re even winning awards for our clients, including Innovation in Mobile at the Melcrum Awards.
We’re now looking for a full stack engineer with strong devops and python experience to help us take the platform to the next level. You’ll be working with a growing team, who come with years of experience from companies like Spotify, Google, Picsolve, Pearson, and IBM.
You’ll be working alongside the CTO, infrastructure engineer, and software engineers, to design, develop, test, and iterate on our current web platform.
What we imagine you’ll look like:
- Team player: you get on with people and enjoy working as part of a team. You understand that the team wins together. You know how to voice your frustrations in a constructive way and can understand others’ points of view.
- Smart and resourceful: you think about our challenges and come up with solutions. You can break a problem down into separate parts. Even if you don’t know the solution you are happy to get involved with your team.
- Curious and ambitious: you love to learn new things and to advance your experience. You are excited to be part of a company that will change massively over the next two years and happy to take on that personal challenge.
- Loyal: you understand what it means to make a commitment to the company, to the team and to our clients. You like to see through projects to the end, even if they are tough.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- A successful run of releasing scalable Python-based platforms in the cloud
- Very strong Python experience, including pure Python and web frameworks like CherryPy or Flask
- Strong experience with exposing and consuming RESTful JSON APIs.
- Some experience using Google’s Cloud Platform, or equivalent
- Experience with Couchbase, or other non-relational, document-oriented database
- Experience with python unit test frameworks, like pytest or nose
- Solid Git knowledge, with experience in branching, stashing, merging, and pull-requests
- Some knowledge of React would also be useful
Seenit is an app and platform which helps brands and organisations co-create video with employees, fans, journalists and experts from around the world. It’s a tool which makes it easy to direct and collect video from smartphones, by setting tasks within the app; the target ‘crew’ follow the instructions and upload video. The content arrives to a central private online studio where films can be quickly edited and distributed out to social media.
Take a look at our website if you’d like to find out more, and feel free to drop us an email if you’ve got any questions or think you’re the right candidate.