Seenit is growing! On the back of winning TechCrunch Disrupt Europe, we’re growing our product development team and are looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to join us.
Using Python and Couchbase as a backend, HTML5 with React and Redux for the front-end, all running on Google’s Cloud Platform, London’s Hottest Startup, Seenit, are helping brands like the BBC, HSBC, Unilever and The Body Shop tell their stories through collaborative film with our multiple-award winning mobile video platform – we’ve won quite a few of those in the past year, including Startup of the Year at the BIMA awards, and we’re even winning awards for our clients, including Innovation in Mobile at the Melcrum Awards.
We’re now looking for an Android Engineer with strong native experience to help us take the app to the next level. You’ll be working with a great team who come with years of experience from companies like Spotify, Google, Picsolve, Pearson, and IBM, and our Founder started her career at Working Title Films.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Plan requirements with your product owner and give feedback
- Deliver the result with high quality and easily maintainable code
- Maintain a up-to-date software development skill set and keep up with new Android standards
Ideally, you’ll have:
- In depth knowledge Java / Kotlin the Android SDK
- Basic knowledge about most common data structures in your arsenal
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development principles
- Full exposure to the app development cycle (ideally contributed to shipping one or more apps in the Play store)
- Passionate about UX and love implementing beautiful designs
- Extensive experience integrating with RESTful web service APIs
- Strong understanding of the value of unit testing and related techniques
- Excellent communication skills working across multiple disciplines and generally getting stuck in to whatever is required
Bonus points if you have:
- Have experience of Reactive Functional Programming
- Have experience with Jenkins pipeline
- Have a good knowledge of the UI patterns, transitions, animations
Seenit is an app and platform which helps brands and organisations co-create video with employees, fans, journalists and experts from around the world. It’s a tool which makes it easy to direct and collect video from smartphones, by setting tasks within the app; the target ‘crew’ follow the instructions and upload video. The content arrives to a central private online studio where films can be quickly edited and distributed out to social media.
Take a look at our website if you’d like to find out more, and feel free to drop us an email if you’ve got any questions or think you’re the right candidate.