We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to set up and run the day to day financial operations of the business. Reporting into the COO, the Financial Controller will be responsible for bookkeeping, preparation of month-end management accounts and financial modelling.
As a growing business, it is vital that you have experience working in tech start-ups, preferably in SaaS or other B2B subscription-based technology businesses.
Role & responsibilities
- Key responsibilities include:
- Managing supplier invoices, receipts and payments
- Tracking and reporting of spend against departmental budgets and client accounts
- Managing client invoicing and debtor chasing to ensure prompt payment
- Bank reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly management accounts (balance sheet, P&L and cash flow) and financial Board report
- Financial forecasting and modelling as required by the COO
- Support the COO and team leads on budget preparation
- Support the CEO and COO on any fund raising activities
- Liaising with outsourced accountancy firm on matters such as year end statutory accounts
- It would also benefit the business if the Financial Controller can lead on:
- HMRC filings, including VAT, EIS and EMI Scheme filings
- Payroll, PAYE & pension
- This is a flexible part-time role that should not require more than an estimated 10 working days per month in total. It is not necessary to perform the role exclusively from the office, however in order to ensure there is a smooth and efficient working relationship we believe it will be necessary to be in the office on at least 2 days per week for a minimum of 5 hours each day.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent professional qualification with evidence of continued CPD)
- Fluent with the Xero accounting package
- Fluent with Excel and financial modelling
- Prior experience working in a high growth technology or start up environment
- Good communicator
- Used to working with department heads and budget holders
Nice to haves:
- Fundraising experience
- Investor relations experience
What is Seenit?
Founded in January 2014, Seenit is an award-winning video tech platform that enables companies to produce high impact video at scale by engaging their own communities of employees, customers and fans around the world. Everyone today has a camera on their phone and people are turning to video as their default means of communication. Seenit enables companies to capitalise on this shift in behaviour by creating authentic, reactive and relevant content with their communities. We’ve worked with over 100 brand across the broadcast, retail and corporate markets including the BBC, BT Sport, Benefit, Nike, Accenture, Viacom and HSBC. In December 2016, Seenit won the coveted TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield trophy: